Friday, July 13, 2007

Giraffe Close Up

Our zoo recently expanded it's giraffe exhibit. The giraffes used to be behind a moat and you couldn't get very close to them. Now they have a new area where you can get right up next to them. You can even feed them from the platform you see in the background of the first picture. I have never seen the giraffes this close-up before. I think it took them a while to get used to being so close to us, so they wouldn't use the new area if there were a lot of people around. Well, they are definitely used to us now. We could have reached out and petted the one in the photos below, she was so close. I think she was eyeing a big clump of grass right in front of us. Very cool!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The giraffe was staring at a plant next to me.

Anonymous said...

hey mom you need a new blog!!!